This four-hour intermediate-level course, in collaboration with the Functional Aging Institute, provides trainers with a specialist skillset needed to enhance the lives of older adults, by following Loaded Movement Training (LMT) principles and core ViPR™ exercises.
Aims and objectives:
- Understand the movement needs and wants of the older population
- Use and apply the Functional Aging Training Model
- Identify the different functional levels for older adults
- Define integrated core concepts using ViPR
- Identify Loaded Movement Training principles
- Create programmes for using ViPR effectively with this population
ViPR is the global authority on Loaded Movement Training. ViPR bridges the gap between movement and strength training. It combines full-body movement with load, enhancing the vitality, performance and reconditioning goals of clients and athletes.
The Functional Aging Institute was founded in 2013 by leading experts Dan Ritchie, PhD, and Cody Sipe, PhD. For more than 15 years, Dan and Cody have been at the forefront of developing innovative, effective, and science-based training programmes for older clients.